Home Care 4 Seniors caregivers are available for shifts of 4 to 8 hours & 12 to 24 hours.
Our team specializes in 24 hour in home care, because we have had numerous clients who have needed this kind of care for temporary or permanent purposes. Whether a client needs 24 hour care because of a recent surgery, or because the client has developed a more complex medical condition, or because the client’s family has had a change in schedule, we make sure the client has round-the-clock care.
24 hour care will establish all the care needs of a client are taken care of even at night when their family members are asleep. The Home Care 4 Seniors caregiver caring for a client overnight will not sleep during their shift, but rather perform tasks that will not wake the client or the household.
A client who requires 24 hour in home care needs the following assistance at all times:
- Incontinence Care
- Repositioning of body due to complete bed rest
- Feeding Assistance
- Tube Feeding
- Oral Care and all other hygiene needs
- Alzheimer’s care and dementia care
How Will You Know Your Loved One Needs 24 Hour In Home Care?
- If a family member wakes up more than twice a night to provide incontinence care, then 24 hour care may be required.
- If a client is beginning to develop bed sores and pressure ulcers, then 24 hour care may be required.
- If the client has a severe decline in health and they require additional assistance especially at night, then 24 hour care may be required.
- If the client is always disoriented, unaware of their surroundings, has memory problems, and attempts to leave the home frequently, then 24 hour care may be required.
- If the client has lost the ability to walk in a safe manner and they have fallen numerous times, then 24 hour care may be required.
- If the client has received major surgery and requires additional support as they recover, then 24 hour care may be required.
How Do We Get 24 Hour Care Started?
- Call us at (214) 621-1969 to schedule a free in-home assessment with our Admissions Director.
- Once the assessment is complete, we create a schedule that best meets your needs, and discuss client-specific training for caregivers.
- Caregivers are introduced to the client and get acquainted with the daily routine, and the home.
- Our team will make regularly-scheduled calls to clients/family members to ensure satisfaction with the services provided